Psychedelic Sufi Trance Rock

Stumbling around the internet I came across the phrase "psychedelic sufi trance rock."  What I found was an article about a singer/guitarist named Haale (Gofori).

"Haale grew up singing in Sufi with her Iranian family while listening to Patti Smith and Jimi Hendrix on the side. She fuses these two styles instinctually, combining meandering guitar riffs with transcendental Sufi lyrics and Persian rhythms, played on instruments such as the sitar and tonbak drum - Janera: Curating Conversations

Being that Patti Smith is my favorite artist, I like middle eastern music, and I have a thing for psychedelic music, I naturally went over to YouTube to see what I could find.  The first few videos I did have a Patti Smith/middle eastern/ psychedelic flavor.  No doubt about it.  I was going to post one of those but after watching a few more I decided this one is my favorite:








This is called "Wild Poppies" by The Mast.  The Mast is Haale (vocals/guitar) and Matt Kilmer (percussion). 

Visit our Table of Contents to view more interesting articles



No comments: